- 20-25 Brussels Sprouts, rinsed and shaved
- 6 green onions, diced
- 2 cups of spinach, diced
- 5-6 slices of bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, fresh if possible
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon salt
Vinaigrette: In a mason jar or small bowl, juice enough lemons to make 4 tablespoons. Add the mustard, pepper, salt and oregano and whisk together. Slowly add the olive oil and set aside until you are ready to dress the salad.
Salad: I chopped the brussels, onion and spinach together in my food processor. Add all the remaining ingredients. Add the avocado and vinaigrette right before serving.
Optional Ingredients: Sliced carrots or dried cranberries can be added for more flavor and color.