1. Elli Quark German Yogurt. I'm not a huge yogurt fan, but I do like a good, all natural one every now and then. I found this awesome one at Target. They are all natural, high protein, very little sugar, 95% lactose free and gluten free. They also have probiotics in them. I've only tried a few flavors, but I loved this Vanilla Bean flavor. I stick with vanilla or no flavor yogurts typically. The Brownie Batter was good but I'm more of a plain girl. I mixed mine with a few blueberries and raspberries and made a healthy snack/breakfast. They are much thicker than traditional yogurt, more like a cheesecake consistency. So, if cheesecake is your weakness, here's a great solution! I have to admit that I really liked them! If your local Target doesn't carry them, I also found them at Sprouts. Worth a try, I promise! (Yes, I had been digging in the dirt. Clearly my nails reflect that!)
2. Duke's Smoked Sausages. I found these at my local grocery store and they are yummy! I was drawn to them for being gluten free and low in sugar. They come in a variety of flavors but I figured I wasn't brave enough to tackle the Hatch Green Chile just yet. I settled on the original and I really liked them. My stomach is the most sensitive thing on the planet and I was able to tolerate them well. It's a win win for me. Plus they have 9 grams of protein per serving and very little carbs. And they are yummy. Did I mention that? Click the name above and it will take you to their page and store locator. These would make the perfect snack for your gym bag!
3. Ripple Milk. It's not a secret - I hate milk. I gave it up years ago in hopes that my stomach would begin feeling better. But recently, I have tried to cut some other foods out of my system (AKA, massive amounts of orange juice) and needed something to replace it. So, my journey for a milk like product began. I can tolerate lactose-free milk well so I decided to try Ripple milk. It is stupid yummy! It was on sale, so I bought both the regular and chocolate milk. Both were fantastic. It is a pea, plant based milk and is full of Omega-3s and calcium. I did cook with it one night where milk was called for and it didn't cook as smoothly as regular milk. But, I'm fine with that, if it means that I can eat certain things again. If you have a milk allergy in your family, give this a try. It really is yummy.
4. Fresh Carrots. Oh, am I the luckiest girl alive! I have parents that are phenomenal at gardening. I have mentioned numerous times that they have an organic garden. Their carrots are 100x better than the store bought ones. They visited this past weekend and thankfully delivered some yummies! I always ask for them to keep the tops on because of this. If you ever have the opportunity to purchase fresh carrots, do so. He had a variety last year that was very sweet. It was like eating candy. I'm dying to make a new gluten free carrot muffin this weekend, so perfect timing dad! They also brought Kale and Radishes. All my favorites!!
Cost: Free from Daddy
5. Bare Apple Chips. I am notorious for pushing my meals WAY back during the day. I will eat my first meal around 1 and then a second around 6. Plus, I stay up really late each night. So, by 11 pm, I am hungry again. This is when I would grab a snack and not always the best ones. I found these apple chips at Publix. Ingredients: Apples. That's it. They are very good in my opinion. My little one who will eat anything didn't like them though. They do have a strong apple flavor of course, so that threw her off. She generally loves apples. Oh well. I like them though! If you are the type that needs a "crunch", try these out. They have several varieties, such as granny smith, coconut and banana chips.
Cost: $2.99 ish
I hope you find something that you can't live without!