I have wanted to start this feature and today is the day!
I get asked frequently about certain products and I would love to share my favorites with you. I try fitness and nutrition products often and I'm lucky that I get to see new things discussed as they come out. They aren't always "healthy" or easy to use. I'm here to break it down for you. Click the names and you are heading to yumminess.
Remember this is my opinion only!
1. Brownie Batter Hummus by Delighted by Hummus. So, my friend, Stephen introduced me to this product and now he is a loser because I will now consume mass quantities of it. Brownie Batter Hummus by the Delighted by Hummus company. Yep. It tastes like brownie batter. Yummy brownie batter that is actually good for you. I have deliberately not tried the other flavors but maybe I should... I did thoroughly review the ingredients and they are awesome. All natural and free of loads of sugar like most products. Oh, and it tastes like brownie batter. It is fantastic on strawberries, pineapple, pretzels, a spoon. The website has a store locator and I actually found it at the Publix a mile from my house. Try it out for an awesome, chocolate treat that won't kill your nutrition goals.
2. Ghee by The Thrive Market. I LOVE GHEE. I have tried several varieties and I always go back to The Thrive Markets. Ghee is a clarified butter that originated in South Asian cuisine. It has fantastic health benefits. Such as, it's lactose free, it doesn't spoil, it supposedly helps with flexibility and it's high heat tolerant. I need to write an entire post on Ghee! I replaced most of my butter with ghee. When cooking in my cast iron skillet, I may have to replace the butter four or five times. Adding tons of calories. With ghee, I can add one tablespoon and use it for the entire dish. It will rarely burn away. So, one tablespoon of ghee replaces maybe 4-5 tablespoons of butter. It's more expensive that butter, but it lasts forever! I need you to try it. Like, we might not be able to be friends anymore if you don't. You will never go back. Side note: I do not like the Trader Joe's version. It's not bad, I'm just spoiled with The Thrive Market version. Need a discount code? Of course you do. Here is 25% off your first order. (Yes, I will get a small something from the company) http://thrv.me/cLsS1b
3. Grab the Gold. I was at a conference years ago and the speaker was a nutritionist. She was full of nutrition information and began picking apart protein bars. She made a ton of sense and boom, my interest in nutrition was born. Most protein bars are full of sugar, calories and shit. Companies slap labels on their bars and somehow people believe them! Grab the Gold started when a teenage girl needed to create a snack for her home economics class. She turned that into a business and now she's making yummy, all natural snack bars and killing the protein bar world. In my opinion, Grab the Gold bars are the best bar on the market, nutritionally and taste wise. They have lower calories, are gluten and dairy free, have zero trans fats and have a high fiber content. Add a good quality yogurt and a handful of walnuts and you've created a perfect breakfast. If you are near me or my facility, ask me and I might share a sample.. Or check their site for a local retailer. Or just trust me and order a box. They ship very FAST too. I usually order multiple boxes and they will arrive the next day. It's crazy! They have two flavors, Chocolate Peanut Butter and Peanut Butter & Jelly (recently released and my favorite)!
4. Unique Splits Pretzels. I have been changing my nutrition up lately and I wanted a healthier snack option. I found these babies at my local Piggly Wiggly. They are VERY salty so proceed with caution but VERY good. I can eat one and be satisfied. They are cholesterol free, trans fat free, sugar free, preservative free and artificial color free. PLUS, each 1 ounce serving has very little fat (2 grams), low calories (110), fiber (1 gram) and protein (3 grams)! My favorite thing though is that they are made from only 5 ingredients. No shit hiding anywhere. They make several varieties, including a 100% whole grain sprouted flour one. If you are looking for a great product that is certified organic, kosher, vegan, and diabetic friendly- then you need to try these. I am currently out, it's midnight and I'm seriously considering a grocery store trip.
5. Bubly Sparkling Water. I'm not a sparkling water fan. (Ask Liina about my dramatic episode when I accidentally bought one instead of regular water recently). I do not like La Croix. Pepsi recently came out with these babies and it took me some searching to find them locally. They have several flavors and ALL taste like cans of yumminess. They have zero calories and zero sweeteners. I encourage you to find some!
There you go! My first Friday Fave list! I hope you try and enjoy them all!